HomeHomeHome

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Guest Blogger: Whitney

Pin It

My name is Whitney and I am a birth mom. I placed beautiful little Madden July 11, 2011. It was a hard decision to make. I was with the birthfather when I found out I was expecting and so there for we decided that we needed to get married. I never felt quiet right about it. So after a couple weeks I called off the wedding and broke up with him. We defiantly did have our fights of adoption, or parenting. But when it came down to it, it was my decision. 


So with a lot of thought I decided to place for adoption. It took me awhile to go through profiles and pick the right family. The birth father and I had a meeting and talked about two families that we liked. With a lot of luck we both had picked the same family. I was still a little unsure about it but I went home and looked at the families blog. I only had to read two or three posts before I was in tears and I knew that this was the family that my little girl was going to grow up with. 


Not long after that I announced to the family. We instantly had a great bond. They seemed more like brother and sister to me than anything else. We kept in very close contact through the rest of the pregnancy and the adoptive mother came with me to all of my doctors appointments. Finally the day came when this little princess made her grand entrance into the world, fashionably late of course(one week late). Those few days in the hospital was the closest I could be to my Heavenly Father. The whole miracle of having a baby and also the wonderful blessing of adoption. I had the Adoptive family come the two days before placement day. I wanted to make sure that they had time with her in her first couple days. Placement day was a very spiritual day. Yes if was very hard emotionally, but I knew that it was the right thing to do for this little baby girl. I knew that she would bless so many lives and be such a blessing in this families lives. I know that she will always know me and know that I love her with all my heart. I know have a wonderful relationship with the whole adoptive family and I love them so much. They will never know how much of a blessing they have been in not only little Maddens life but mine as well. I love you Jones Family!



2 comments:

k said...

Whitney, your story is beautiful! Thank you for sharing! You have blessed my life -- just when I needed a pick me up today, I had your wonderful story to read. Thank you sweet girl! Stay strong!

Amber said...

What a wonderful story! It brought tears to my eyes. Open adoption is so amazing when it's done right. Kudos to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Adoption Blogger Interview Project 2013