HomeHomeHome

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dealing with the first birthday!

So you've placed and the baby's first birthday is coming up! What the heck do you do? I know Desha's baby's is on the twentieth and mine is August 20th. So what do we do?

Here are just a few ideas I came up with and have gotten informed of...
  • Make a picture book online of your baby
  • Go to the spa
  • Make a birthday cake and eat it
  • Call and talk to your baby
  • Buy yourself a new outfit
  • Hang out with good friends
  • Look at pictures
  • Watch a funny movie

Now these are just a few! Everyone handles things differently! Remember it is okay to cry...heck I do it all the darn time! But I also think it is important to reflect on why you made the choice you did. Remember that driving force! Most of all remember you are loved!

Any Thoughts or Opinions??

1 comment:

Jen said...

I placed a baby boy almost 5 1/2 years ago. To celebrate his birthday I always go out to dinner and sort of make a toast for his birthday. I try to focus on celebrating his life and the way he has made me a better person and how I was able to bless a family. I still have hard times sometimes but the important thing is to remember why you made your decision and to celebrate your love for your child and how he/she has touched so many lives.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Adoption Blogger Interview Project 2013