HomeHomeHome

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Reflections


WOW!  I just realized tonight its been almost 18 months since I placed Josie! Holy Smokes time has flown by me quick!! 

I am so excited because I get to see her and her mommy very soon!! I am so excited I could type the word excited an amazing amount of times!! 

I was looking back and thinking about everything I have done since then:
I went to school for another semester, I went to 2 more military trainings, I met an amazing man!!, I learned more about myself then I ever have, and I have made a great amount of friends from so many places! 

I am so thankful for all my friends and family who have stood behind me. 

This shout-out is especially for one person in particular:
Alyson! 

Aly is my best friend in the entire world! I moved into her apartment when I was just a few weeks pregnant. She is also the one who introduced me to Josie's fantastically perfect family.

Aly is the most amazing person I know. She is always so christlike and thoughtful. She helped me through my pregnancy right down to the very birth when she was by my bedside encouraging me to get through it all. She has always been there for me, no matter what. We have had our little squabbles, but every good friend does. If it hadn't been for Aly helping me through it all, I don't think I would have been as strong as I did. There were so many nights where I cried uncontrollably after I placed and she was there helping me out. I remember one time in particular when I couldn't stop crying and she sat there turned on a movie for me and played with my hair till I calmed down. That may seem insignificant, but for me there is nothing that can ever replace a good friend. Someone who will be there for you through anything. Aly and her family were amazing to me. I feel so apart of her family its ridiculous. 

My whole point in going on and on about this is that everyone needs a good support system. Whether it be a friend, family, a boyfriend, or God. Everyone needs someone. We simply cannot get through this life alone. Whether you are religious or not, I think you could agree with that. 

So here is to you Aly and all of my great friends who have helped me out so much! 

1 comment:

Karine said...

I am so excited for you to see her too! You have so much to look forward to. I am so glad you have someone special. Aly to be your supporter and friend. Everyone needs one! I agree! HUGS TO YOU! Can't wait to read your post about your meet with Josie :) Congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Adoption Blogger Interview Project 2013