Delivering Hope is a book by Jennifer Holt. I had the wonderful opportunity of getting to read this book. Let me just tell you it is a wonderful book. Not only is it an easy read, but it will definitely hit you right at home if you are part of the adoption triad.
As a birthmother it really made me think very intensely about the other side of the adoption triad. In the first part of Delivering Hope you follow a woman and her husband and their journey with infertility. You can feel the heartache and pain. It is so well written i felt like I was there with her when she was crying, when the doctor calls etc.
The second part of the book follows a young birthmother. The author truly hits the nail on the head when telling this story. It follows the complete process of emotion one goes through when trying to decide whether or not to place. It is easy to remember the emotional time when I too felt that I could raise the baby, then getting the distinct thought in my head that I was actually supposed to place my baby girl.
Overall as you read this story and follow all these people on their adoption story you realize that adoption affects a lot more people than just the actual triad and it made me really remember everyone that was involved in my process.
Jennifer Holt is an amazing author and I recommend this book to anyone really. You don't have to be involved in adoption at all to appreciate how great this book truly is.
Some helpful information about the book
· Release Date: February 8, 2012
· Published by Cedar Fort, Inc.
· Available on Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com
· Available at Barnes and Noble, CostCo, Deseret Book, Seagull Book, independent bookstores
· My blog has a bio as well as a picture if you’re interested.
AND there is a GIVEAWAY going on by the author!!! Here is how to enter
1. . Become a follower of my blog: www.jenshopefulwriting.blogspot.com and leave a comment letting me know you’re here!
2. “Like” the Delivering Hope facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/DeliveringHopeNovel
3. Watch the book trailer: www.bit.ly/peCixw and post a comment on the facebook page telling what you liked about it.
The winners will be randomly chosen at the conclusion of the blog tour and posted on both my blog and the facebook fan page by 10:00 am on Saturday, February 11th.