HomeHomeHome

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Disgusting Display that was Glee

Pin It
This is going to be an incredibly geeky post. but after watching Glee from Tuesday I was bugged.


-First thing they did wrong, Coach Sylvester telling Quinn she "lost her kid"
-Second thing they did wrong, incorrect adoption language....ALL OVER THE PLACE
-Third thing they did wrong, made Quinn totally out of control...i get grieving but this was out of control.
-Fourth thing they did wrong, Shelby trying waaaayyy to hard to get into Rachel's life. As a birthmother i understand her pain and wanting to be apart of her life. I also, however, believe in boundaries. If Josie doesn't want me to be part of her life one day then that is her choice and I will respect it.
-Fifth thing, plotting to get custody...pretending to be someone else....yucky...yucky...no no.

They did do a few things right,
- I liked that Shelby was trying to institute and open adoption. Telling Quinn she wanted her to be part of Beth's life.
-I also liked that Mr. Shu and Puckermann told Quinn how it really is and told her to grow up. She needed to hear it.
- I liked that Puckermann was so good about it. he really showed open adoption in the good light. Showing that open adoption only works when there is mutual respect and boundaries.

Really i am just annoyed with the way adoption gets so often poorly portrayed in the media. Open adoption is awesome. Adoption is absolutely beautiful. TV stop making teen moms all seem like these troubled teens who place because they could never be a good mom. that is not the only reason for placing. stop making it seem like you can never recover from placing for adoption. stop making us all seem like .... (for lack of better explanation)....like we are all crack whores who will never make anything of our life. STOP. do your research on CURRENT and COMMON adoption stories. they can be happy...most of them are. read our blog roll on the side millions of stories...happy ones.

8 comments:

Jewls said...

So glad you posted this, I was bugged too!

Kristine said...

I am glad to see this post too. I saw that episode and was very bugged.
I'd add one more wrong thing: Quinn telling Shelby she'll never be Beth's mother.

Rachel said...

SOO glad you said something because I was about to. It was awful to even watch.

MrsPerrbear said...

DARN SKIPPY!!! As a side note, can I just tell you it put a smile on my face and a little tear in my eye to see you write "crack whore". LOL.

Mandy said...

I didn't see the show, but as an adoptive mom in an open adoption the portrayal in the media of adoption definitely bugs!! Thanks for bringing attention to it.

Sonya.81 said...

I don't watch the show. Sorry

Amber said...

I started an online petition about this and would REALLY love it if you'd help me spread the word via blog, Twitter, FB, etc. As an adoptive mother I was horrified by the story line as well...

http://www.change.org/petitions/ask-glee-and-fox-to-separate-adoption-fact-from-fiction-produce-a-psa-about-adoption-reality?utm_source=outreach&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=glee&utm_term=adoption_pages

Angee said...

I was really bothered by it too as an adoptive mother. The "Your never going to be her real mother" hurt really bad. I was really impressed by Puck and hope it sheds some good light on birth fathers. We have a great birth father for our daughter and I feel like too often they are portrayed negatively. I really hope they fix this story line, and soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Adoption Blogger Interview Project 2013